EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES WITH PES
POSITION: Academic Intervention Specialist, Tutor
This position is for a remote academic interventionist; a therapeutic tutor for students who benefit from structured teaching, most often dyslexia. It is best suited to those who enjoy weaving together multiple Orton Gillingham methods to create the most effective program for each student's neurological needs. Our tutors desire to hone their skills, always thirsting for knowledge regarding current best practices. Pinnacle Education tutors do not use a curriculum program. All lessons are delivered in an explicit, structured, sequential, format using an Orton Gillingham teaching method.
This job is best suited to those who enjoy managing their own clients, but not finding referrals nor running their own business.
If you desire your own business, then this is not the best match for you.
We only hire tutors with OG method training in addition to Wired for Reading and Barton, preferred training includes OG, Slingerland, LMB Visualizing and Verbalizing as well as a structured, sequential writing program which focuses on syntax and paragraphs. (There are too many excellent trainings to list.)
* Orton-Gillingham based training which includes a practicum greater than 100 hours and direct feedback from instructors.
* WELL versed in google docs, including document sharing and creation and google forms usage
* Experience tutoring elementary and/or middle-high school language as well as OG based math
* Neuropsychology test familiarity, so as to read the evaluations with deep understanding.
* Experience with school district 504, and IEP process
* Exceptionally flexible ability to meet a students academic and emotional needs
* Deep understanding of the structuring of reading, writing, spelling
* Familiarity with current research regarding structured reading and writing techniques.
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills
* Extensive previous experience conducting online lessons
* Extensive experience with zoom and multiple websites tools which enhance the interactivity of the tutor and student.
The majority of our clients seek help with reading, writing, or spelling, sometimes math. As our students often come with a diagnosis, tutors MUST be experienced with a variety of learning profiles: dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, autism spectrum, ADHD, anxiety, depression, exceptional IQ and how those are taught when coexisting.
PAY AND SCHEDULE
Pay: $40.00 - $65.00 per hour
Our tutors are highly skilled at their profession and their pay reflects that level of ability. Pay scale increases as tutors: become more proficient at meeting a variety of needs, independently manage clients, independently follow PES protocols, increase their client load and gain seniority. Tutors are paid monthly, per lesson delivered as a contracted worker. Pay begins after a short training. First paycheck is provided after the first full month of delivering lessons.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7-9am and 3-8pm, 15+client lesson hours per week
Tutors set their own schedule, as contracted workers, and work as many hours as desired. Tutors must reserve 15 client contact hours per week outside of school hours (PST) Monday-Friday. These hours must fall within 7-9am and 3-8pm. If a tutor can schedule 15 hours in the afternoons then morning hours are not required. Six afternoon hours per week are required.
As contracted workers, tutors provide their own materials: technology with exceptional webcam, hi-speed internet, preferred online tutoring subscriptions, and a quiet (distraction free) area for lessons delivery.
BENEFITS of WORKING WITH PINNACLE EDUCATION SERVICES
With a waitlist, tutors enjoy a consistent stream of intakes. This ensures that tutors have as many clients as they wish. Many tutors have a waiting list before their second session ends!
* We provide tried and true procedures honed for over 20 years
* All client documents - contracts, policies, intake procedures
* A framework for all client needs and communication - letterhead, forms, and emails
* PES collects and tracks payments, the tutor facilitates this process
* PES is responsible for all business licenses, related costs, and advertisement
* PES provides you with a professional business email account and cloud storage and a professional website profile
Whether it be consulting on a case or sharing lesson resources, professional collaboration is encouraged and commonplace.
As seniority and caseload increase, additional responsibilities and payment are available. In addition, we encourage our tutors to expand their talents and we are excited to support you in developing webinars, training, or whatever you feel called to explore. The more you stretch and grow the more compensation is available. Internal promotions are available as well. Exceptionally skilled senior tutors are promoted to master from within and are asked to take on additional responsibility and pay commensurate with such.
PES management handles payment issues and client challenges. Preserving the family tutor relationship is vital, so business related issues may be passed on to management.
Our practice is dedicated to helping our tutors grow and work to their highest potential. Internal professional development is led either by our founder, Sarah Fish, or by master tutors. Management is constantly exploring current research which is then used during our internal PD.
Our tutors provide high quality services to our families while enjoying a collegial community of encouragement, laughter, and collaboration. Remote tutoring can feel too independent at times, so we provide a community. A PES group zoom is more like a group of friends chatting, though more focused, than work mates. We truly enjoy one another.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE
Verification of Orton-Gillingham practicum training by including a copy of your certificate or training information in your resume.
A cover letter which states why Pinnacle Education Services is attractive to you and how your skills will be an asset to us.
A resume with a list of structured literacy certificates and trainings.
References with direct knowledge of your skills or who were in a supervisory position.
We prefer applicants use the Indeed link below, but when not accessible applicants can email Admin@PinnacleEducationServices.com